To know how to fix PNP Watchdog BSOD error in Windows, this article can be a good resource.
Recently, many users have complained about the blue screen of death. Like other such errors, it can prevent Windows from booting normally. As a result, troubleshooting can be more difficult. However, it does not seem impossible to correct this blue screen of death. Some resources have made this possible.
Possible causes behind PNP watchdog driver Blue screen dead:
In fact, the PNG driver watchdog is a stop code error caused by a driver error. However, sometimes complicated things can cause this to happen. This may be due to conflicts between third-party software, hardware problems, etc. However, here are some of the most common causes of this problem.
- Incorrect BIOS settings, especially for SATA configuration
- The problem of viruses and malware
- Third Party Security Software
- Defective or missing system components
- Memory problems
- Outdated or faulty drivers
These are the most common things that can cause this stop code error. But don’t worry. In this article, you will learn how to get rid of this mistake easily.
How to fix the blue screen of the Watchdog PNP driver on Windows 10
If you are already experiencing this problem, there are a few things you can do. First, disconnect all external devices except the keyboard and mouse. We’ll see if that helps. Anyway, here are the 14 most effective troubleshooting methods to solve PNP watchdog driver BSOD.
1. Check the BIOS settings, including the SATA configuration.
If you have recently changed the BIOS/UEFI settings, you should undo those changes. This might solve the problem. However, if you do not remember any changes in the BIOS settings, you need to check and correct your SATA configuration. However, you can also consider restoring the default settings. Anyway, here are the instructions.
- First, turn off the computer.
- Then press the power button.
- When your monitor starts displaying something like the motherboard logo or something similar, start pressing F12/Del/F2. Which button you press depends on the brand of the motherboard.
- The UEFI or BIOS settings will open. Just navigate to the appropriate options to find the SATA configuration.
- Now set the SATA parameters. You can choose one of the options to see which one is correct.
- Then save the settings and restart the computer.
- You can also reset all settings to their default state.
This should fix the blue screen death error.
2. Update all drivers
Since incompatible or faulty drivers can cause this problem, you can try this method. In fact, in many cases this is the best solution to correct the error in the Watchdog PNP driver code.
However, updating the drivers may be another problem. You may have hundreds of drivers installed on your computer. It is almost impossible to manually check and update each of them individually. I suggest you use Driver Booster or Driver Easy or Driver Genius. These tools can automatically check for driver updates and update the driver with one click.
However, if you want to do this manually, you can do the following.
- First open the Start menu, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. The Windows Device Manager opens.
- You will then see a list of drivers. Right click on one of them and select Update Driver.
I hope this method solves the problem of the bluescreen PNP watchdog driver. Otherwise, follow these methods.
3. Shadow Copy Service Volume Control
This is another commonly used method to solve this BSOD. In Windows, and especially in Windows 10, there are a lot of services that help you keep everything running smoothly. But when they stop working for one reason or another, problems can arise, such as. B. to avoid errors in your code. The Volume Shadow Copy Service (vssvc.exe) is such a service. To troubleshoot the PNP driver watchdog, make sure the service is active and configured correctly. To do this, here are some steps you can take.
- First open the Start menu, type services.msc and press Enter.
- Now find the copy of Shadow of Thunder and double click on it.
- Then set the startup type to Automatic in the properties and click Start to activate the service.
- Finally, click Apply and OK and restart the computer.
Hopefully this will solve the blue screen of death.
4. Updating Windows
If Windows is very outdated on your PC, this may be the reason why you are experiencing this problem. To avoid this confusion, I suggest you upgrade to the latest version of Windows. It can fix the watchdog timer of the PNP driver and other errors.
5. PC-wide virus scan
Virus or malware problems may be the cause of this problem. Therefore, you should run a full system scan on your computer. In this case, I recommend you to use a powerful antivirus program. You may also want to consider antivirus programs such as Malwarebytes, MalwareFox, Hitman Pro, Malware Fighter, etc.
6. Clean boot loader
Third party software, such as. B. Antivirus, firewall or any other service may be causing this BSOD. So I suggest you temporarily uninstall your antivirus program to see if that helps. You will also need to reboot. This will help you understand which third-party software is causing the problem. If you find it, delete it.
7. Empty the Recycle Bin and Restore the Registry
This is another way to fix the PNP watchdog BSOD driver. You can use CCleaner or Advanced SystemCare to clean up unnecessary files. These tools can also repair corrupted registry problems. But before you do that, you need to make a backup of the registry.
8. Renaming the software distribution directory
In general, this method is used to fix Windows update errors. But you can also try this method. This may help eliminate the PNP driver watchdog error. If you are not familiar with the procedure, read on: To reset the software distribution directory
However, after renaming this folder, you must perform the following steps.
- First, press Win + X or right click on the start button.
- Then click on Windows PowerShell.
- Now execute the following command.
- Finally, restart the computer.
This may solve your problem.
9. Uninstalling a problematic Windows update
In some cases, users can use the PNP driver’s watchdog timer after the Windows upgrade. This can mean many things. But the most common perception is that upgrading Windows is problematic. At that point, you might blindly consider uninstalling this update to solve the problem. If you have software like IObit Uninstaller, removing the update is indeed very easy. However, if you want to do it manually, follow these instructions.
- First, go to Windows 10 Settings > Updates and Security > Windows Update > Update History.
- Now click on Remove Updates.
- Then select the one you want to delete and do so.
10. Troubleshooting hard disk
In some cases, major hard drive problems can cause this BSOD. So, to fix the PNP watchdog driver, I recommend that you fix these hard drive problems. The chkdsk command can be used for this. Read more: How to solve hard disk problems
11. Restore damaged system files
This problem can occur if some parts of the system are damaged in any way. So you have to take the right steps. SFC and DISM are two common commands that can be used to solve this problem. In that case, I recommend you read on: To recover damaged system files
12. Memory problems
If the problem persists, this may be an alternative way to resolve the PNP driver watchdog. You can take steps to fix RAM problems. If the memory problem is real, it will fix the problem permanently.
13. Reset file analysis for troubleshooting the PNP watchdogDriver
This is probably the best way to restore the blue screen from death if the first 12 have failed. The memory dump file contains a lot of information about the bluescreen error. If you can analyze it, you can determine the exact cause of the problem. This facilitates the proper troubleshooting steps to repair PNP driver watchdog. For more information, read : To analyze a small memory dump
14. Reset Windows
If all other options fail, this is probably the last thing you should do. Just restart Windows. This should solve the problem.
These are the most effective ways to repair the PNP watchdog. However, if you know of another way, feel free to put it in the comments section. This will help others.
frequently asked questions
What does the PNP watchdog mean?
The DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG BSOD error occurs primarily due to incorrect SATA controller settings in the BIOS, incorrect registry values, Volume Shadow Service issues, malware infection, system exceptions, or Windows Update issues.
How do I solve my blue screen?
What you need to do is reset the BIOS settings and have the BIOS completely rebuilt. These steps should help you resolve the watchdog. sys error that is causing the blue screen of death on your Windows 10.
How to fix the blue screen loop in Windows 10?
Hinge of the blue screen of Window 10
driver pnp watchdog windows 10 2004,driver pnp watchdog boot loop,driver pnp watchdog bootcamp,driver pnp watchdog error fresh install,driver pnp watchdog windows 10 1903,driver pnp watchdog vmware,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,driver pnp watchdog windows 10 installation,driver pnp watchdog error hp