Last modified: 26. May 2021 Author:-dev D Filed under: Like, Windows. Today is the 18th. May 2021, Microsoft has released Windows 10 version 21H1, aka the May 2021 update, to everyone. All compatible devices receive free notifications for feature updates for Windows 10 version 21H1. The latest Windows 10 version 21H1 update, which comes in the form of a small package of improvements, this time is mainly focused on refining the operating system and fixing bugs. The Windows 10 21H1 update installs faster on devices already running Windows 10 2004 or 20H2, and the build number increases by one digit from build 19042 to build 19043. If you have a compatible device, you can see how to get the Windows 10 May 2021 Update now here.
System requirements for Windows 10 21H1
Here, a Microsoft spokesperson recommends the system requirements to install the 21H1 version of Windows 10.
- Processor: 1 GHz or higher processor or system-on-chip (SoC).
- RAM: Requires 1 GB for 32-bit version or 2 GB for 64-bit version.
- Hard drive: A 32 GB clean install or a new PC (16 GB for a 32-bit install or 20 GB for a 64-bit install).
- Graphics: DirectX 9 or higher with the WDDM 1.0 driver.
- Screen resolution: 800×600 minimum required.
Windows 10 Update size 21H1
The latest Windows 10 21H1 update will arrive as a support package, as we saw with the October 2020 update. This means that it is similar to the monthly updates that Windows releases regularly, which are about 500 MB in size. And on a modern system, installation takes just a few minutes. When downloading the Windows 10 21H1 ISO image file from Microsoft’s server, we saw that the 64-bit ISO image is 5.4GB and the 32-bit image is 3.9GB. alt=Windows 10 21H1 ISO width=976 height=663 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Windows-10-version-21H1-released-Here-how-to-get-it.jpg />
How do I get the Windows 10 May 2021 update?
Like previous updates, this Microsoft update is distributed in stages, so you may not see it on your computer right away. You may not see Download and Install on your device now, as we are gradually reducing the availability of this feature while carefully monitoring data and feedback, Microsoft said. This official video explains how to get the Windows 10 May 2021 update the right way. So get your computer ready for the Windows 10 May 2021 update and wait for it. But if you don’t want to wait for Microsoft to distribute the update to your computer, you can force the Windows update or use the official Windows 10 Update Wizard to get the Windows 10 May 2021 update immediately. Perform the action, but make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for Windows 10 version 21H1.
- Also update all device drivers, especially GPU drivers.
- Temporarily remove the antivirus program (if it is installed on your computer)
- Check and make sure the data and time settings are correct.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection to download the update files from the Microsoft server.
- It is best to disable the VPN if it is configured on your computer.
- We strongly recommend that you back up all your important documents before upgrading your computer.
Forced Windows upgrade to install Windows 10 21H1
The official method is to wait for the automatic release of Windows 10 version 21H1. But you can always force a Windows update to get it immediately.
- Open the Windows settings,
- Click Update and Security, and then click Windows Update,
- Click on the Check for updates button.
- When you see the update to 21H1 for Windows 10, click the Download and Install link.
alt=Windows 10 update 212H1 width=1055 height=732 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Windows-10-version-21H1-aka-May-2021-Update-available-for.jpg />
- This will start downloading the update files from the Microsoft server,
- Here the download time may vary depending on the speed of the internet.
- Then you need to restart your device to apply these updates.
- The update installs in the same way as a normal update, but it takes a little longer to apply.
- When prompted, select Privacy Settings and continue with the installation.
- That’s it. Once this is done, press Windows + R, type winver and ok to check the installed version of Windows 10 and the build number, as shown in the image below.
alt=Windows 10 build 19043 width=457 height=418 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Windows-10-version-21H1-released-Here-how-to-get-it.png />
Using the Windows 10 Update Wizard
If you do not see the Windows 10 version 21H1 feature update is available for your device or the Windows update cannot be installed with various errors. You can use the official Windows 10 Update Wizard to install the new feature update manually.
- Open the Windows 10 download page
- Click Update Now to download the Update Wizard utility.
- Right-click the Windows10Upgrade.exe file and select Run as Administrator,
- Click Yes when prompted to access user account management.
- The Windows 10 Update Wizard introduction screen now appears.
- Click Update Now when you are ready to continue.
alt=windows 10 21h1 update wizard width=962 height=672 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/1622223015_306_Install-windows-10-May-2021-update-Using-media-creation-tool.jpg />
- First, the Upgrade Wizard checks the compatibility of your system and verifies all major components.
- If your device is compatible, click Next to start the update.
alt=Windows 10 Upgrade Wizard compatibility check width=962 height=672 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/1622224654_475_Windows-10-version-21H1-released-Here-how-to-get-it.png />
- Now click Next. Startup will begin a few minutes after this screen appears.
- The download process will take some time, please wait until it is 100% complete.
- When the download is complete, the update wizard checks the download to make sure the installation is successful.
- A countdown timer is now displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.
- When the update is complete, wait 30 minutes for Windows to restart automatically,
- You can click Restart Now to immediately reboot and install Windows 10 version 21H1, or schedule a reboot later.
alt=Reboot to install Windows 10 width=962 height=672 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/1622224655_498_Windows-10-version-21H1-released-Here-how-to-get-it.png />
- The installation takes 20 to 30 minutes, depending on your hardware and internet access speed.
- After restarting the computer (multiple times), Windows 10 will perform the final steps to complete the installation of the update.
You will then see the login screen. After you enter your password and return to the system, you will be presented with the Last Update Wizard screen, such as. B. Thank you for upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10, click to exit. alt=Help evaluation message update width=1218 height=727 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/1622224656_295_Windows-10-version-21H1-released-Here-how-to-get-it.jpg />
Using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
Microsoft also offers the Media Builder utility, which allows you to manually perform an in-place upgrade or a clean install of the latest Windows 10 21H1.
- First, download the media creation utility from the Microsoft support site.
alt=Windows 10 21H1 media creation tool width=982 height=759 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Install-windows-10-May-2021-update-Using-media-creation-tool.jpg />
- Then double-click the MediaCreationTool.exe file to start the process.
- First click on Accept to agree with the terms and conditions.
- Then select the option Update this PC now and click Next.
alt= Upgrade This PC Media Creation Tool width=702 height=555 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/1622224657_763_Windows-10-version-21H1-released-Here-how-to-get-it.jpg />
- Make sure that Save personal files and applications is selected.
- If not, click the Change what should be saved link to change the settings. Otherwise, your files, applications and settings will be deleted during the process.
- Then click on the Install button to get started.
- The Windows 10 installer retrieves the May 2021 update and installs it on your computer,
- The installation should take no more than 30 minutes,
- but it also depends on your hardware configuration, internet speed and other factors.
Windows 10 21H1 ISO Download
Microsoft is also releasing the Windows 10 ISO files for the May 2021 update version 21H1. You can download the ISO files of Windows 10 version 21H1 directly from the Microsoft server using the link below. Then create an installation media (CD/DVD) or a bootable USB device by following this link. And with installation support, you can do a clean upgrade or install of Windows 10. As usual, the Windows 10 update brings new features and improvements to update the operating system. But this time, Windows 10 21H1 focuses on performance and security improvements, which will improve the overall operating system, some of the changes noted are as follows.
- With the latest feature update, Windows 10 users can now enable Multicam support for Windows Hello. This works with both external and internal Windows Hello cameras.
- The company also improves the performance of Windows Defender Application Guard.
- In addition, the performance of the Group Policy Service (GPSVC) of Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) has been improved.
- Microsoft’s outdated Edge browser is finally being completely replaced by the Chromium-based Edge browser.
Also read :